Theodore C. “Ted” Frank, 75, of Belleville, Illinois, born Sunday, January 1, 1939, in East Saint Louis, IL, died Saturday, February 22, 2014 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Ted was a retired materials inspector for McDonnell Douglas and a United States Army veteran. He was a member of the PSOP, loved to dance and listen to old country music. Ted was a published author of “Baseball the Unfair Sport”, co-founder and coach of the Belleville Weight Lifting Club and coached two Olympic weight lifters from Belleville. He competed and won numerous medals in the Senior Olympics. Ted also volunteered his time to wrestlers, he was a natural leader and mentor to young athletes throughout the area.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Rosalie M. nee Seitz Frank
- Parents: Charles R. and Marjorie Lois nee Mitchell Frank
- Son: David R. Frank
Surviving are his:
- Stephen (Maria) Frank of New Orleans, LA
- Sharon (Craig) Ackermann of Belleville, IL
- Dennis (Fiancee Carly Smith) Frank of Lahaina, HI
- Deron Frank of Lahaina, HI
- Brother: Fred (Gerry) Frank of Sarasota, FL
- Justin Ackermann
- Kailey Ackermann
- Taylor Frank
- Justin Taylor
- Alicia Frank
- Special friend and dance partner: Rhonda Dori of Belleville, IL
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Spencer Pet Rescue of O’Fallon, IL or Belleville Area Humane Society
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30 am Thursday, February 27, 2014 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel, with Rev. Vance Vyers officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Illinois.